Kazimieras Simonavičius University, in cooperation with Vilnius Legal Hackers, is organising an open lecture on Legal Tech Trends in 2020. The lecture will be held on 18th of May at 10 AM by Dr. Martynas Mockus. Duration – 45min.
Topic: Legal Tech Trends in 2020
You will learn:
- What is legal tech?
- How does economic crisis serve for legal tech?
- How pandemic of COVID-19 is influencing legal services, legal work?
- What are legal tech trends in 2020?
- What are the future directions of legal tech?
Dr. Martynas Mockus
Martynas Mockus holds Joint International Doctoral (Ph.D.) Degree in Law, Science, and Technology (http://www.last-jd.eu/) issued by 5 European universities. He was lecturing and lead students, lawyers and public servants in law and computer science domain since 2005. His research interests are legal ontologies, legislation 2.0, and legal issues of disruptive technologies and phenomenons. A few of Martynas’s accomplishments and roles have included:
- Expert of Working Party E-Law/E-justice at European Council, also an expert of the European Commission;
- Vice-director (for technology) of State Enterprise Legal Information Centre, which well known for legal information systems like Litlex, Bailiffs IS, Legal acts register, etc.;
- Project leader of EU and EEA funded public projects PRISONIS and Modernization of Legal Acts register;
- Winner of Lexis Nexis prize issued by Austrian Computer Society (for conference paper);
- The country representative of Erasmus Mundus Association;
- The organizer of legal tech meetups, competitions, hackathons, boot camp, and legaltech@Vilnius conferences;
- Founder of Vilnius Legal Hackers, also Legaltech Centre at University.
Registration. Participation is free of charge but the registration is mandatory.